Thank you for your interest in our SPIN! bike club!
We're super excited for this season and what it can bring to the Kansas City community. We won't have any guided rides this year, but we will still be offering 20% off to any riders who join us for our weekly Show & Go rides. There will be suggested bike routes available, and a community of KC cyclists to ride with for each Show & Go ride. We hope to see you out on the roads with us this summer!
Free Bike Safety Clinics Start May 1
Want to brush up on your cycling skills and get comfortable riding on the street and with other riders?
We are hosting 8 clinics through the summer at SPIN!. Each clinic includes skills practice and a short group ride, taught by certified instructors from Cycling KC. To find out more information and register for the free skills clinics, go to cyclingkc.org, and click "Education."
Rides start on June 1
Mondays from Overland Park SPIN! (6541 W 119th St) at 6:30 pm
Tuesdays in the Northland from Epic Bike & Sport (6423 N Cosby Ave) at 6:00 pm
Alternative Long: https://www.strava.com/routes/8524714
Wednesdays from our South Plaza location at 6:30 pm (4950 Main St) - meet in the back!
Thursdays in Lenexa (9474 Renner Blvd) at 6:30 pm
Saturdays in Lee's Summit (1808 D NW Chipman Rd) at 9:30 am
Other Routes in the Kansas City area:
To keep tabs on our cycling club in Kansas City, head over to our Facebook page: Biking Facebook page
Anyone can manually load a route or ride on their Edge 800/810/1000/Touring and get navigation.
Here's how to export a GPX file from Strava:
Example: Monday Long Route - https://www.strava.com/routes/247149
1. Click on Strava link to open ride route on Strava
2. Click on the Export option
3. Download GPX file
4. Save it to the desktop or note the location you save to
5. Manually load file to Garmin Edge 800/810/1000/Touring and get navigation.
Here’s how manually load file to Garmin Edge 800/810/1000/Touring and get navigation. :
1. First download the GPX file to your PC, save it to the desktop or note the location you save to
2. Connect your Garmin to your PC, it should be recognised as an additional drive
3. Click on the Garmin drive to open the folder, you should see a tree with a folder named ‘New files’
4. Drag your saved GPX file into the ‘New Files’ folder, your PC will transfer the file to your Garmin
5. Disconnect your Garmin from your PC
To follow the route, select the ‘Courses’ icon on your Garmin, and choose the relevant file from the drop down list.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST:
Want to be added to our bike email list? Click here to sign up (if you sign up you are opting to receive email from SPIN! Pizza.) We'll keep you notified of all SPIN! bike club events.
Click here to email us with questions.